Opting to install a solar photovoltaic (PV) system to harness the power of the sun, is taking the first step towards making your business enterprise energy independent. Solar PV system installations need to be done by a registered and licensed electrician. There are certain aspects to the commissioning and installation process you would need to keep in mind to ensure a safe and robust system installation.
Working with accredited solar energy system installers, experience and expertise in commercial installation, a demonstrated track record for quality equipment, pre-and post-sales services; will help you get the most out of solar PV systems.
When you get the solar photovoltaic systems installation done for your commercial property such as a dairy farm, ensure the following checks are done for maximum safety.
If you are using your solar PV systems to power your water pumping operation, you will have to anticipate potential hazards and overcome them to ensure site safety.
The hazards can be mainly split into two categories – electrical and non-electrical hazards.
Managing Electrical Hazards
As we already know, electricity is dangerous, and working with the installation of a solar-powered electricity source needs to be carefully done, following specific guidelines. Here’s a list of them to work with solar electricity in Australia.
– Solar photovoltaic panels harness the power of solar energy to generate electricity. Covering the panels, to stop it from generating power is not safe.
– The solar PV systems connectors for both the input and output need to be of the same make and model. Using “compatible” connectors could be dangerous and go against the Australian standards (AS5033).
– According to Australian Standard S3000, solar PV system work with voltages greater than 120V DC or 50Vrms AC must be performed by a licensed electrician.
– During the solar photovoltaic system installation, all the wiring should be treated as live. After checking all wiring specifications, all open wiring should be terminated appropriately to avoid any injury or damage on the site.
On a large commercial property, solar PV systems installations are done on open and exposed grounds. Following the given guidelines will avoid any injuries to a large extent:
- Sun exposure: As the solar PV panels are installed in open grounds without any shades, there is a risk to sun exposure. The risk of heat stroke due to a sunburn is very likely while working on such projects. Plenty of water, regular breaks, and protective gear like cool clothing, hat, and sunscreen will reduce the risk.
- Trips and slips: Worksites are not all going to be even terrain. Hence, the installation experts need to look out for rough terrain while carrying equipment to avoid any tripping that can lead to injury and equipment loss.
- Avoiding animal contact like snakes, spiders are essential. Chances of cuts and burns due to the hot temperatures should also be anticipated.
Power Your Home with the Most Efficient Solar PV system Suppliers in Melbourne
We can equip your commercial property with an efficient and sustainable energy source, with procurements from top-quality solar panel suppliers in Melbourne. Our in-house solar photovoltaic system installation experts will comply with the Australian standards for site safety and ensure that solar-powered systems are commissioned and installed effectively.
At Crystal Solar Energy, we use the top-rated (AAA rated) LONGI panels that offer excellent panel wattage, efficiency, and product warranty.
Talk to your experts today about installing a clean energy system for our commercial property.